English verb allow [əˈlaʊ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb allow: Infinitive (allow), Past Simple - (allowed), Past Participle - (allowed).
Forms of verb allow in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb allow in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of allow.
Three forms of verb allow
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of allow?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) allow in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - allow. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - allowed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - allowed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of allow?
The past tense of allow is: allow in past simple is allowed. and past participle is allowed.
What is the past tense of allow?
The past tense of allow is allowed.
The past participle of allow is allowed.
Past simple — allow in past simple allowed.
Future simple — allow in future simple allow. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — allow in present perfect tense allowed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — allow in past perfect tense allowed. (had + V3)
allow regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is allow an irregular verb?? allow is regular verb.
Examples of Verb allow in Sentences
- I can't allow Jack or anyone to close it (Present Simple)
- They allowed the child to go to the city (Past Simple)
- He allows me to be here and I'm so thankful (Present Simple)
- They never allow me to come home late (Present Simple)
- Teacher allowed us to hand in homework a little latee (Past Simple)
- I never allowed talking to me like that, you should apologise (Past Simple)
- They've allowed smoking in the restaurant, can you believe that? (Present Perfect)
- My colleagues didn't allow me to relax, but I hid in the restroom to have a little peace and quiet (Past Simple)
- He will never allow you to leave him (Future Simple)
- They had allowed reading after 10 p.m., but a few days later changed their mind (Past Perfect)