English verb apply [əˈplaɪ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb apply: Infinitive (apply), Past Simple - (applied), Past Participle - (applied).
Forms of verb apply in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb apply in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of apply.
Three forms of verb apply
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of apply?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) apply in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - apply. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - applied. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - applied. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of apply?
The past tense of apply is: apply in past simple is applied. and past participle is applied.
What is the past tense of apply?
The past tense of apply is applied.
The past participle of apply is applied.
Past simple — apply in past simple applied.
Future simple — apply in future simple apply. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — apply in present perfect tense applied. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — apply in past perfect tense applied. (had + V3)
apply regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is apply an irregular verb?? apply is regular verb.
Examples of Verb apply in Sentences
- Mr. Demerest applied his anti-poverty approach (Past Simple)
- One of these remedies we have applied in Boston (Present Perfect)
- This rule applies to all people and animals. (Present Simple)
- Before applying the shampoo you need to wet your hair. (Present Simple)
- For further information, you can apply to the address below. (Present Simple)
- I will apply this rule to get good results. (Future Simple)
- Apply the cream evenly over the skin every morning. (Present Simple)
- It's ridiculous to apply for that position in your age. (Present Simple)
- He applied herself to her new job with great energy. (Past Simple)
- The only way to treat such bleeding is to apply firm pressure. (Present Simple)