English verb arrive [əˈraɪv].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb arrive: Infinitive (arrive), Past Simple - (arrived), Past Participle - (arrived).
Forms of verb arrive in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb arrive in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of arrive.
Three forms of verb arrive
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of arrive?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) arrive in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - arrive. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - arrived. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - arrived. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of arrive?
The past tense of arrive is: arrive in past simple is arrived. and past participle is arrived.
What is the past tense of arrive?
The past tense of arrive is arrived.
The past participle of arrive is arrived.
Past simple — arrive in past simple arrived.
Future simple — arrive in future simple arrive. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — arrive in present perfect tense arrived. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — arrive in past perfect tense arrived. (had + V3)
arrive regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is arrive an irregular verb?? arrive is regular verb.
Examples of Verb arrive in Sentences
- We arrived 3.5 hours ago (Past Simple)
- I aim to arrive at 10 am on Easter (Present Simple)
- The governor has to arrive at 8.30 (Present Simple)
- Call me the minute you arrive at school (Present Simple)
- Better if you arrive by car (Present Simple)
- The tram will arrive within twenty minutes (Future Simple)
- How did he arrived? (Past Simple)
- I have to go, because my ex will arrive soon (Future Simple)
- When we arrive, please call a taxi (Present Simple)
- My boyfriend is arriving next week (Present Continuous)