The English verb 'attempt' is pronounced as [əˈtempt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb attempt: Infinitive (attempt), Past Simple - (attempted), Past Participle - (attempted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb attempt
👉 Forms of verb attempt in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of attempt.
Attempt: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb attempt?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'attempt'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'attempt'
- the first form (V1) is 'attempt' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'attempted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'attempted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of attempt?
The past tense and past participle of attempt are: attempt in past simple is attempted, and past participle is attempted.
What is the past tense of attempt?
The past tense of the verb "attempt" is "attempted", and the past participle is "attempted".
Past simple — attempt in past simple attempted
Future simple — attempt in future simple is attempt (will + V1).
Present Perfect — attempt in present perfect tense is attempted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — attempt in past perfect tense is attempted (had + V3).
attempt regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'attempt' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'attempt' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb attempt in Sentences
- Local authorities should not attempt to solve such problems. (Present Simple)
- He attempted to resolve all the complaints on his own. (Past Simple)
- They've attempted to climb this mountain once before. (Present Perfect)
- He made a clumsy attempt to make a joke. (Past Simple)
- John made no attempt to apologize. (Past Simple)
- Attempt to commit such crimes is also should be punishable. (Present Simple)
- Let us attempt to analyse this sentence. (Present Simple)
- The story she told was an attempt to cover up a lie. (Past Simple)
- He attempted the life of the President. (Past Simple)
- An attempt to monopolize a market is illegal. (Present Simple)