English verb back [bæk].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb back: Infinitive (back), Past Simple - (backed), Past Participle - (backed).
Forms of verb back in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb back in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of back.
Three forms of verb back
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of back?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) back in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - back. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - backed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - backed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of back?
The past tense of back is: back in past simple is backed. and past participle is backed.
What is the past tense of back?
The past tense of back is backed.
The past participle of back is backed.
Past simple — back in past simple backed.
Future simple — back in future simple back. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — back in present perfect tense backed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — back in past perfect tense backed. (had + V3)
back regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is back an irregular verb?? back is regular verb.
Examples of Verb back in Sentences
- The president purpose was to back that troops (Past Simple)
- Her friends backed Paul in his career (Past Simple)
- They have backed you and Joey (Present Perfect)
- The car backed up and hit the tree. (Past Simple)
- He backed up a few steps and then ran (Past Simple)
- Our firm will back the new enterprise by investing in it. (Future Simple)
- She backed her argument with written evidence. (Past Simple)
- Our project is backed by government (Present Simple)
- The cat backed away slowly (Past Simple)
- He backed the winner of the game and won a lot of money. (Past Simple)