The English verb 'backbite' is pronounced as [ˈbækbaɪt].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb backbite: Infinitive (backbite), Past Simple - (backbit), Past Participle - (backbitten).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb backbite
👉 Forms of verb backbite in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of backbite.
Backbite: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb backbite?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'backbite'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'backbite'
- the first form (V1) is 'backbite' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'backbit' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'backbitten' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of backbite?
The past tense and past participle of backbite are: backbite in past simple is backbit, and past participle is backbitten.
What is the past tense of backbite?
The past tense of the verb "backbite" is "backbit", and the past participle is "backbitten".
Past simple — backbite in past simple backbit
Future simple — backbite in future simple is backbite (will + V1).
Present Perfect — backbite in present perfect tense is backbitten (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — backbite in past perfect tense is backbitten (had + V3).
backbite regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'backbite' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'backbite' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb backbite in Sentences
- How can you call him a friend if he backbites you? (Present Simple)
- People had backbitten our family and we left that town (Past Perfect)
- Children are backbiting, don't you see that? (Present Continuous)
- Don't backbite if want to survive here (Present Simple)
- First you backbit and now you are apologising (Past Simple)
- He had backbitten his wife and she was stoned to death (Past Perfect)
- If I'm right you will backbite him and take his money (Future Simple)
- She hasn't backbitten, she protected her children (Present Perfect)
- Stop to backbite my mother if want to savу our marriage (Present Simple)
- They are backbiting, right? (Present Continuous)