The English verb 'beseech' is pronounced as [bɪˈsiːtʃ].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb beseech: Infinitive (beseech), Past Simple - (besought), Past Participle - (besought).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb beseech
👉 Forms of verb beseech in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of beseech.
Beseech: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb beseech?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'beseech'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'beseech'
- the first form (V1) is 'beseech' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'besought', 'beseeched' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'besought', 'beseeched' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of beseech?
The past tense and past participle of beseech are: beseech in past simple is besought, beseeched, and past participle is besought. beseeched.
What is the past tense of beseech?
The past tense of the verb "beseech" is "besought", or "beseeched", and the past participle is "besought" or "beseeched".
Past simple — beseech in past simple besought,
Future simple — beseech in future simple is beseech (will + V1).
Present Perfect — beseech in present perfect tense is besought, beseeched (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — beseech in past perfect tense is besought, beseeched (had + V3).
beseech regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'beseech' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'beseech' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb beseech in Sentences
- The parishioners besought the bishop not to close their beloved church. (Past Simple)
- I beseech of you, don't mention her name again. (Present Simple)
- The children besought to come with us. (Past Simple)
- I was beseeching Helen to stay, but she wouldn't listen. (Past Continuous)
- He's too proud to beseach. (Present Simple)
- The wounded soldier besought for mercy. (Past Simple)
- She besought him to read the story again. (Past Simple)
- She besought and pleaded with them until they finally agreed. (Past Simple)
- He has besought the doctor for medicine. (Present Perfect)
- She fought back the sudden urge to run to him and beseech his forgiveness. (Present Simple)