The English verb 'bestride' is pronounced as [bɪˈstraɪd].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb bestride: Infinitive (bestride), Past Simple - (bestrode), Past Participle - (bestridden).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb bestride
👉 Forms of verb bestride in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of bestride.
Bestride: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb bestride?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'bestride'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'bestride'
- the first form (V1) is 'bestride' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'bestrode' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'bestridden' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of bestride?
The past tense and past participle of bestride are: bestride in past simple is bestrode, and past participle is bestridden.
What is the past tense of bestride?
The past tense of the verb "bestride" is "bestrode", and the past participle is "bestridden".
Past simple — bestride in past simple bestrode
Future simple — bestride in future simple is bestride (will + V1).
Present Perfect — bestride in present perfect tense is bestridden (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — bestride in past perfect tense is bestridden (had + V3).
bestride regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'bestride' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'bestride' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb bestride in Sentences
- The giant slowly bestrode the river. (Past Simple)
- They say that the sculpture, which is called the Colossus of Rhodes, stands, as it to have bestridden the mouth of the harbour. (Present Perfect)
- When I bestride it, I float above the ground like a falcon. (Present Simple)
- You must be this wide to bestride. (Present Simple)
- No, I don't like to bestride. (Present Simple)
- And those girls just wanted to bestride that wave as long as they could. (Past Simple)
- We can't just bestride around all night, hoping to lay eyes on him. (Present Simple)
- I've tried to teach Mom to bestride for ages. (Present Perfect)
- The idea of going back and teaching those rich kids to bestride after you've lived like this. (Present Simple)
- Seems you bestrode that wagon until the wheels came off. (Past Simple)