English verb bite off [baɪt ɒf].
Relate to: irregular verbs, phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb bite off: Infinitive (bite off), Past Simple - (bit off), Past Participle - (bitten off).
Forms of verb bite off in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb bite off in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of bite off.
Three forms of verb bite off
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|bite off [baɪt ɒf]||
bit off [bɪt ɒf]
bitten off [bɪtn ɒf]
What is 2nd and 3rd form of bite off?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) bite off in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - bite off. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - bit off. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - bitten off. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of bite off?
The past tense of bite off is: bite off in past simple is bit off. and past participle is bitten off.
What is the past tense of bite off?
The past tense of bite off is bit off.
The past participle of bite off is bitten off.
Past simple — bite off in past simple bit off.
Future simple — bite off in future simple bite off. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — bite off in present perfect tense bitten off. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — bite off in past perfect tense bitten off. (had + V3)
bite off regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is bite off an irregular verb?? bite off is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb bite off in Sentences
- Looks like it was bitten off (Present Perfect)
- This is the finger he bit off (Past Simple)
- Tyson bit off his ear (Past Simple)
- The dog bit the burglar’s finger off, making it easy for police to identify the intruder (Past Simple)
- Bite off a piece (Present Simple)
- Samsung bit off Apple’s iPhone with the Galaxy (Present Simple)
- Be careful, or it will bite you off (Future Simple)
- Don't bite me off, you clown (Present Simple)
- He bites off his nails when he is nervous (Present Simple)
- My child bit off his cake and didn't like it (Past Simple)