English verb boil [bɔɪl].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb boil: Infinitive (boil), Past Simple - (boiled), Past Participle - (boiled).
Forms of verb boil in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb boil in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of boil.
Three forms of verb boil
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of boil?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) boil in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - boil. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - boiled. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - boiled. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of boil?
The past tense of boil is: boil in past simple is boiled. and past participle is boiled.
What is the past tense of boil?
The past tense of boil is boiled.
The past participle of boil is boiled.
Past simple — boil in past simple boiled.
Future simple — boil in future simple boil. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — boil in present perfect tense boiled. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — boil in past perfect tense boiled. (had + V3)
boil regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is boil an irregular verb?? boil is regular verb.
Examples of Verb boil in Sentences
- She boiled the pot of potato yesterday (Past Simple)
- The reform has boiled down to monetary policy (Present Perfect)
- All the water has boiled away. (Present Perfect)
- The vegetables I boiled turned into mush. (Past Simple)
- Do you want me to boil you hard boiled eggs? (Present Simple)
- His enthusiasm boiled away when the real work began. (Past Simple)
- At a temperature of 57.4 ° C, the solution boiled. (Past Simple)
- The saucepan on the stove has boiled dry. (Present Perfect)
- After boiling the fish, they first remove the bones. (Present Simple)
- The water was not drinkable and had to be boiled. (Past Simple)