English verb borrow [ˈbɑːroʊ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb borrow: Infinitive (borrow), Past Simple - (borrowed), Past Participle - (borrowed).
Forms of verb borrow in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb borrow in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of borrow.
Three forms of verb borrow
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of borrow?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) borrow in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - borrow. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - borrowed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - borrowed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of borrow?
The past tense of borrow is: borrow in past simple is borrowed. and past participle is borrowed.
What is the past tense of borrow?
The past tense of borrow is borrowed.
The past participle of borrow is borrowed.
Past simple — borrow in past simple borrowed.
Future simple — borrow in future simple borrow. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — borrow in present perfect tense borrowed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — borrow in past perfect tense borrowed. (had + V3)
borrow regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is borrow an irregular verb?? borrow is regular verb.
Examples of Verb borrow in Sentences
- Dr. Green let me borrow his car. (Past Simple)
- They borrowed forty books from the libraries. (Past Simple)
- Archi doesn't know she borrowed this. (Present Simple)
- She borrowed a cup of sugar from a neighbour. (Past Simple)
- We borrowed this car to travel to the mountains. (Past Simple)
- The word was borrowed from French into Russian. (Past Simple)
- She borrowed the technique from professional artists.. (Past Simple)
- Zach wants to borrow his dad's sports car to impress his girlfriend. (Present Simple)
- During the party we ran short of plastic cups, so I went next door and borrowed some. (Past Simple)
- Our neighbor borrowed my vacuum cleaner. (Past Simple)