The English verb 'brief' is pronounced as [briːf].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb brief: Infinitive (brief), Past Simple - (briefed), Past Participle - (briefed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb brief
👉 Forms of verb brief in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of brief.
Brief: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb brief?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'brief'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'brief'
- the first form (V1) is 'brief' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'briefed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'briefed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of brief?
The past tense and past participle of brief are: brief in past simple is briefed, and past participle is briefed.
What is the past tense of brief?
The past tense of the verb "brief" is "briefed", and the past participle is "briefed".
Past simple — brief in past simple briefed
Future simple — brief in future simple is brief (will + V1).
Present Perfect — brief in present perfect tense is briefed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — brief in past perfect tense is briefed (had + V3).
brief regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'brief' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'brief' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb brief in Sentences
- We have to brief them in 20 minutes. (Present Simple)
- The delegation briefed all representatives of medical institutions (Past Simple)
- The police need to be briefed in advance on how to deal with this situation. (Present Simple)
- You'll be briefed soon (Future Simple)
- We were briefed not to drop bombs unless we detect and identify the target. (Past Simple)
- Two of our salespeople were briefed on the magazine format, size and cost of advertisements. (Past Simple)
- Has been the president briefed by his advisers? (Present Perfect)
- The journalists were briefed on the President's invasion plan. (Past Simple)
- The captain briefed the crew on the safety procedures. (Past Simple)
- The secretariat briefed agency representatives on the resource inventories database. (Past Simple)