The English verb 'bump' is pronounced as [bʌmp].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb bump: Infinitive (bump), Past Simple - (bumped), Past Participle - (bumped).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb bump
👉 Forms of verb bump in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of bump.
Bump: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb bump?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'bump'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'bump'
- the first form (V1) is 'bump' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'bumped' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'bumped' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of bump?
The past tense and past participle of bump are: bump in past simple is bumped, and past participle is bumped.
What is the past tense of bump?
The past tense of the verb "bump" is "bumped", and the past participle is "bumped".
Past simple — bump in past simple bumped
Future simple — bump in future simple is bump (will + V1).
Present Perfect — bump in present perfect tense is bumped (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — bump in past perfect tense is bumped (had + V3).
bump regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'bump' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'bump' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb bump in Sentences
- It was hard not to bump into her on the track. (Past Simple)
- We're glad we bumped into you. (Past Simple)
- I bumped into my ex wife yesterday. (Past Simple)
- Our car bumped into the gate. (Past Simple)
- She bumped her arm on the table, but didn't even notice it. (Past Simple)
- Guess who I bumped into on the way to school. (Past Simple)
- The TV series will be bumped to a new time. (Future Simple)
- I have a bruise from where I have bumped my leg. (Present Perfect)
- Prices have bumped up by 15 percent. (Present Perfect)
- Unfortunately, the flight was overbooked, and I got bumped off. (Past Simple)