English verb chair [tʃer].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb chair: Infinitive (chair), Past Simple - (chaired), Past Participle - (chaired).
Forms of verb chair in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb chair in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of chair.
Three forms of verb chair
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of chair?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) chair in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - chair. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - chaired. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - chaired. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of chair?
The past tense of chair is: chair in past simple is chaired. and past participle is chaired.
What is the past tense of chair?
The past tense of chair is chaired.
The past participle of chair is chaired.
Past simple — chair in past simple chaired.
Future simple — chair in future simple chair. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — chair in present perfect tense chaired. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — chair in past perfect tense chaired. (had + V3)
chair regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is chair an irregular verb?? chair is regular verb.
Examples of Verb chair in Sentences
- She chaired the committee in 1995 and 1998 (Past Simple)
- The rooms were newly chaired. (Past Simple)
- The investigation was chaired by one of the judges. (Past Simple)
- My sister chaired the meeting. (Past Simple)
- She chaired this department for many years, but she had to leave her position. (Past Simple)
- The Special Coordinator chaired the electoral forum. (Past Simple)
- She chaired this organization in 2013 and 2014. (Past Simple)
- This company has chaired this working group since February 2014. (Present Perfect)
- It also includes representatives of indigenous peoples, one of whom chairs the Commission. (Present Simple)
- Wu Dawei, Deputy Foreign Minister of the PRC, chaired over the talks. (Past Simple)