The English verb 'clock' is pronounced as [klɑːk].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb clock: Infinitive (clock), Past Simple - (clocked), Past Participle - (clocked).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb clock
👉 Forms of verb clock in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of clock.
Clock: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb clock?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'clock'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'clock'
- the first form (V1) is 'clock' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'clocked' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'clocked' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of clock?
The past tense and past participle of clock are: clock in past simple is clocked, and past participle is clocked.
What is the past tense of clock?
The past tense of the verb "clock" is "clocked", and the past participle is "clocked".
Past simple — clock in past simple clocked
Future simple — clock in future simple is clock (will + V1).
Present Perfect — clock in present perfect tense is clocked (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — clock in past perfect tense is clocked (had + V3).
clock regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'clock' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'clock' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb clock in Sentences
- The cop said he clocked us going 95 miles per hour (Past Simple)
- I was so grumpy I wanted to clock her (Past Simple)
- She clocked the best time in this championship (Past Simple)
- Jack promised to clock Tom, if he'd interrupt him again (Past Simple)
- He was clocked at 12 min for 3 km run. (Past Simple)
- She clocks 8 hours at work every day (Present Simple)
- My car will clock 100 miles per hour on this highway next time (Future Simple)
- This car has clocked 100 000 miles (Past Simple)
- John clocked him in the eye (Past Simple)
- Avatar clocked up box office receipts of over $2 billion. (Past Simple)