The English verb 'comb' is pronounced as [koʊm].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb comb: Infinitive (comb), Past Simple - (combed), Past Participle - (combed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb comb
👉 Forms of verb comb in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of comb.
Comb: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb comb?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'comb'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'comb'
- the first form (V1) is 'comb' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'combed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'combed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of comb?
The past tense and past participle of comb are: comb in past simple is combed, and past participle is combed.
What is the past tense of comb?
The past tense of the verb "comb" is "combed", and the past participle is "combed".
Past simple — comb in past simple combed
Future simple — comb in future simple is comb (will + V1).
Present Perfect — comb in present perfect tense is combed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — comb in past perfect tense is combed (had + V3).
comb regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'comb' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'comb' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb comb in Sentences
- They'll need a thousand volunteers to comb through the forest. (Future Simple)
- Special Forces combed every centimeter of this base. (Past Simple)
- He was combing his hair back. (Past Continuous)
- The area has been combed by army patrols. (Present Perfect)
- We combed the entire beach for shells. (Past Simple)
- The area was combed in search of the missing child. (Past Simple)
- The police combed the scene of the accident. (Past Simple)
- I combed the whole house, but I couldn't find your wallet. (Past Simple)
- Grandpa constantly ruffled my neatly combed hair. (Past Simple)
- She put on a dress and combed her hair. (Past Simple)