The English verb 'compose' is pronounced as [kəmˈpəʊz].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb compose: Infinitive (compose), Past Simple - (composed), Past Participle - (composed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb compose
👉 Forms of verb compose in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of compose.
Compose: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb compose?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'compose'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'compose'
- the first form (V1) is 'compose' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'composed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'composed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of compose?
The past tense and past participle of compose are: compose in past simple is composed, and past participle is composed.
What is the past tense of compose?
The past tense of the verb "compose" is "composed", and the past participle is "composed".
Past simple — compose in past simple composed
Future simple — compose in future simple is compose (will + V1).
Present Perfect — compose in present perfect tense is composed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — compose in past perfect tense is composed (had + V3).
compose regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'compose' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'compose' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb compose in Sentences
- In that case at least five judges compose the court (Present Simple)
- We like the way he composed our photographs. (Past Simple)
- We tried to remain composed throughout the lesson. (Past Simple)
- Do you know that Beethoven composed nine symphonies? (Present Simple)
- I felt calm and more composed after I heard that. (Past Simple)
- He appeared very composed, but actually it was a mask. (Past Simple)
- The legal system was composed by people, and people make mistakes. (Past Simple)
- The singer seemed completely composed as she stepped onto the stage. (Past Simple)
- She composed a poem for school. (Past Simple)
- We composed a letter to our classmate who was at the hospital. (Past Simple)