English verb cross [krɔːs].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb cross: Infinitive (cross), Past Simple - (crossed), Past Participle - (crossed).
Forms of verb cross in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb cross in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of cross.
Three forms of verb cross
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of cross?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) cross in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - cross. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - crossed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - crossed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of cross?
The past tense of cross is: cross in past simple is crossed. and past participle is crossed.
What is the past tense of cross?
The past tense of cross is crossed.
The past participle of cross is crossed.
Past simple — cross in past simple crossed.
Future simple — cross in future simple cross. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — cross in present perfect tense crossed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — cross in past perfect tense crossed. (had + V3)
cross regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is cross an irregular verb?? cross is regular verb.
Examples of Verb cross in Sentences
- We crossed 2 borders last night (Past Simple)
- They had crossed the lake and gone away (Past Perfect)
- He crossed the room and went to the window. (Past Simple)
- She crossed herself and said a prayer in a whisper. (Past Simple)
- She crossed her fingers for luck as he spoke. (Past Simple)
- The dog quickly has crossed the road. (Present Perfect)
- We barely crossed the state border a few hours ago. (Past Simple)
- Irritation crossed her face. (Past Simple)
- The teacher has crossed his legs. (Present Perfect)
- The thought of dismissal did not even cross my mind. (Past Simple)