English verb dare [deə].
Relate to: irregular verbs, modal verbs.
3 forms of verb dare: Infinitive (dare), Past Simple - (durst), Past Participle - (dared).
Forms of verb dare in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb dare in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of dare.
Three forms of verb dare
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
durst [dɜːst] deəd]
What is 2nd and 3rd form of dare?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) dare in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - dare. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - durst, dared. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - dared. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of dare?
The past tense of dare is: dare in past simple is durst, dared. and past participle is dared.
What is the past tense of dare?
The past tense of dare is durst or
The past participle of dare is dared.
Past simple — dare in past simple durst,
Future simple — dare in future simple dare. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — dare in present perfect tense dared. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — dare in past perfect tense dared. (had + V3)
dare regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is dare an irregular verb?? dare is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb dare in Sentences
- My sister dared not swim across the canal (Past Simple)
- Without him we would never have dared (Present Perfect)
- "How dare you," she thundered to wide applause (Past Simple)
- He dared to talk to me after what he had done (Past Simple)
- Don't you dare to speak to me like that! (Present Simple)
- We'll see if you dare to watch it (Present Simple)
- And you dare to walk in here with bare hands? (Present Simple)
- She dared to tell me about their date, so this friendzone is killing me (Past Simple)
- I dare not say how devastating it would appear to be in this day and culture (Present Simple)
- I dare not go - that isle has ghosts (Present Simple)