English verb defeat [dɪˈfiːt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb defeat: Infinitive (defeat), Past Simple - (defeated), Past Participle - (defeated).
Forms of verb defeat in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb defeat in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of defeat.
Three forms of verb defeat
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of defeat?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) defeat in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - defeat. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - defeated. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - defeated. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of defeat?
The past tense of defeat is: defeat in past simple is defeated. and past participle is defeated.
What is the past tense of defeat?
The past tense of defeat is defeated.
The past participle of defeat is defeated.
Past simple — defeat in past simple defeated.
Future simple — defeat in future simple defeat. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — defeat in present perfect tense defeated. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — defeat in past perfect tense defeated. (had + V3)
defeat regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is defeat an irregular verb?? defeat is regular verb.
Examples of Verb defeat in Sentences
- Only strong magic can defeat it. (Present Simple)
- In those days, she defeated more than one champion. (Past Simple)
- I felt absolutely defeated. (Past Simple)
- Our team was defeated by 3 goals to 2. (Past Simple)
- The last question on the test has defeated me. (Present Perfect)
- Do you think that the party is in danger of being defeated in the next election? (Present Simple)
- They couldn't be defeated even in hand-to-hand combat. (Past Simple)
- I accept that the proposal may be defeated, but I want to do it anyway. (Present Simple)
- The defeated country was not allowed to rearm. (Past Simple)
- The old regime was finally defeated. (Past Simple)