English verb descend [dɪˈsɛnd].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb descend: Infinitive (descend), Past Simple - (descended), Past Participle - (descended).
Forms of verb descend in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb descend in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of descend.
Three forms of verb descend
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of descend?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) descend in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - descend. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - descended. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - descended. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of descend?
The past tense of descend is: descend in past simple is descended. and past participle is descended.
What is the past tense of descend?
The past tense of descend is descended.
The past participle of descend is descended.
Past simple — descend in past simple descended.
Future simple — descend in future simple descend. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — descend in present perfect tense descended. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — descend in past perfect tense descended. (had + V3)
descend regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is descend an irregular verb?? descend is regular verb.
Examples of Verb descend in Sentences
- He requested permission to descend to the next level exactly as instructed. (Past Simple)
- The car descended and crashed to the shore. (Past Simple)
- At the morning a cotton wool mist descended. (Past Simple)
- The manor after his death descended to his son. (Past Simple)
- The workers carefully descended into the hole. (Past Simple)
- Suddenly a feeling of sadness descended on me. (Past Simple)
- The mysterious stairs descended into the tunnel. (Past Simple)
- He turned from the road, and descended the path towards the house. (Past Simple)
- Why the situation has descended into utter chaos? (Present Perfect)
- A herd of sheep descended into the valley. (Past Simple)