The English verb 'devote' is pronounced as [devote].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb devote: Infinitive (devote), Past Simple - (devoted), Past Participle - (devoted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb devote
👉 Forms of verb devote in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of devote.
Devote: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb devote?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'devote'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'devote'
- the first form (V1) is 'devote' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'devoted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'devoted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of devote?
The past tense and past participle of devote are: devote in past simple is devoted, and past participle is devoted.
What is the past tense of devote?
The past tense of the verb "devote" is "devoted", and the past participle is "devoted".
Past simple — devote in past simple devoted
Future simple — devote in future simple is devote (will + V1).
Present Perfect — devote in present perfect tense is devoted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — devote in past perfect tense is devoted (had + V3).
devote regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'devote' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'devote' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb devote in Sentences
- We devote our lives to serving the law. (Present Simple)
- She devoted her energy to writing books. (Past Simple)
- The Committee has devoted considerable attention to rural poverty (Present Perfect)
- We devote seven days a week to training. (Present Simple)
- Does she want to devote all her time to painting? (Present Simple)
- Today's lesson is devoted to articles. (Present Simple)
- She devoted herself full-time to her children. (Past Simple)
- The meeting will be devoted to recycling issues. (Future Simple)
- The benefit of small companies is that they can devote more personal attention to each project. (Present Simple)
- I conscientiously devote several hours every weekend to reading. (Present Simple)