The English verb 'dine' is pronounced as [daɪn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb dine: Infinitive (dine), Past Simple - (dined), Past Participle - (dined).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb dine
👉 Forms of verb dine in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of dine.
Dine: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb dine?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'dine'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'dine'
- the first form (V1) is 'dine' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'dined' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'dined' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of dine?
The past tense and past participle of dine are: dine in past simple is dined, and past participle is dined.
What is the past tense of dine?
The past tense of the verb "dine" is "dined", and the past participle is "dined".
Past simple — dine in past simple dined
Future simple — dine in future simple is dine (will + V1).
Present Perfect — dine in present perfect tense is dined (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — dine in past perfect tense is dined (had + V3).
dine regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'dine' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'dine' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb dine in Sentences
- We are going to dine in the blue cottage (Present Simple)
- They lunched and dined in a variety of places, from dining rooms to 5-star restaurants. (Past Simple)
- Our friends in France dined and wined us for a week. (Past Simple)
- We dined romantically by the moonlight. (Past Simple)
- They dined at the same restaurant every day. (Past Simple)
- We dined quietly together. (Past Simple)
- At his house we were very well received and even dined. (Past Simple)
- They dined on a balcony overlooking the sea. (Past Simple)
- As officials, they dined with other European leaders. (Past Simple)
- I've already dined with him twice. (Present Perfect)