English verb dismiss [dɪs'mɪs].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb dismiss: Infinitive (dismiss), Past Simple - (dismissed), Past Participle - (dismissed).
Forms of verb dismiss in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb dismiss in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of dismiss.
Three forms of verb dismiss
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of dismiss?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) dismiss in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - dismiss. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - dismissed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - dismissed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of dismiss?
The past tense of dismiss is: dismiss in past simple is dismissed. and past participle is dismissed.
What is the past tense of dismiss?
The past tense of dismiss is dismissed.
The past participle of dismiss is dismissed.
Past simple — dismiss in past simple dismissed.
Future simple — dismiss in future simple dismiss. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — dismiss in present perfect tense dismissed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — dismiss in past perfect tense dismissed. (had + V3)
dismiss regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is dismiss an irregular verb?? dismiss is regular verb.
Examples of Verb dismiss in Sentences
- I filed a motion to dismiss on the Rutledge case. (Past Simple)
- But we have decided not to dismiss the accused (Present Perfect)
- Some now want to dismiss terrorism as a feature of everyday life (Present Simple)
- Scientists would usually dismiss those variations as being caused by the environment. (Present Simple)
- The video floats on top until you dismiss it. (Present Simple)
- Too many people dismiss mental illnesses as problems of character or lack of will (Present Simple)
- Klayus dismissed the women with a few soft words. (Past Simple)
- That study was dismissed for lack of scientific proof. (Past Simple)
- And where did they go after May dismissed the security detail? (Past Simple)
- He dismissed the crew, and the room shrank to its true dimensions. (Past Simple)