The English verb 'do away with' is pronounced as [duː əˈweɪ wɪð].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb do away with: Infinitive (do away with), Past Simple - (did away with), Past Participle - (done away with).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb do away with
👉 Forms of verb do away with in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of do away with.
Do away with: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|do away with [duː əˈweɪ wɪð]||
did away with [dɪd əˈweɪ wɪð]
done away with [dʌn əˈweɪ wɪð]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb do away with?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'do away with'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'do away with'
- the first form (V1) is 'do away with' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'did away with' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'done away with' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of do away with?
The past tense and past participle of do away with are: do away with in past simple is did away with, and past participle is done away with.
What is the past tense of do away with?
The past tense of the verb "do away with" is "did away with", and the past participle is "done away with".
Past simple — do away with in past simple did away with
Future simple — do away with in future simple is do away with (will + V1).
Present Perfect — do away with in present perfect tense is done away with (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — do away with in past perfect tense is done away with (had + V3).
do away with regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'do away with' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'do away with' is .
Examples of Verb do away with in Sentences
- This old tradition has been done away with (Present Perfect)
- That's a work that should be done away with (Present Simple)
- We want to do away with the barriers (Present Simple)
- It’s time to do away with that (Present Simple)
- You aren't planning to do away with a chance (Present Continuous)
- The climate may do away with this difficulty (Present Simple)
- I think they're gonna do away with us after the war (Present Simple)
- I am decided to do away with that system (Past Simple)