English verb double [ˈdʌbl].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb double: Infinitive (double), Past Simple - (doubled), Past Participle - (doubled).
Forms of verb double in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb double in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of double.
Three forms of verb double
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of double?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) double in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - double. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - doubled. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - doubled. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of double?
The past tense of double is: double in past simple is doubled. and past participle is doubled.
What is the past tense of double?
The past tense of double is doubled.
The past participle of double is doubled.
Past simple — double in past simple doubled.
Future simple — double in future simple double. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — double in present perfect tense doubled. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — double in past perfect tense doubled. (had + V3)
double regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is double an irregular verb?? double is regular verb.
Examples of Verb double in Sentences
- They demand to double rates not the first year (Present Simple)
- Number of documents doubled after recent events (Past Simple)
- Sales have doubled in the past year. (Present Perfect)
- We all doubled over in laughter after his story. (Past Simple)
- These new shares doubled my earnings. (Past Simple)
- The population has doubled in less than fifty years. (Present Perfect)
- The number of accepted students has more than doubled. (Present Perfect)
- These renovation changes doubled the value of the home. (Past Simple)
- In less than two years, the company has doubled in size. (Present Perfect)
- Its share price has doubled over the past year. (Present Perfect)