The English verb 'double' is pronounced as [ˈdʌbl].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb double: Infinitive (double), Past Simple - (doubled), Past Participle - (doubled).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb double
👉 Forms of verb double in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of double.
Double: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb double?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'double'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'double'
- the first form (V1) is 'double' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'doubled' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'doubled' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of double?
The past tense and past participle of double are: double in past simple is doubled, and past participle is doubled.
What is the past tense of double?
The past tense of the verb "double" is "doubled", and the past participle is "doubled".
Past simple — double in past simple doubled
Future simple — double in future simple is double (will + V1).
Present Perfect — double in present perfect tense is doubled (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — double in past perfect tense is doubled (had + V3).
double regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'double' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'double' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb double in Sentences
- They demand to double rates not the first year (Present Simple)
- Number of documents doubled after recent events (Past Simple)
- Sales have doubled in the past year. (Present Perfect)
- We all doubled over in laughter after his story. (Past Simple)
- These new shares doubled my earnings. (Past Simple)
- The population has doubled in less than fifty years. (Present Perfect)
- The number of accepted students has more than doubled. (Present Perfect)
- These renovation changes doubled the value of the home. (Past Simple)
- In less than two years, the company has doubled in size. (Present Perfect)
- Its share price has doubled over the past year. (Present Perfect)