The English verb 'draft' is pronounced as [drɑːft].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb draft: Infinitive (draft), Past Simple - (drafted), Past Participle - (drafted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb draft
👉 Forms of verb draft in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of draft.
Draft: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb draft?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'draft'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'draft'
- the first form (V1) is 'draft' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'drafted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'drafted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of draft?
The past tense and past participle of draft are: draft in past simple is drafted, and past participle is drafted.
What is the past tense of draft?
The past tense of the verb "draft" is "drafted", and the past participle is "drafted".
Past simple — draft in past simple drafted
Future simple — draft in future simple is draft (will + V1).
Present Perfect — draft in present perfect tense is drafted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — draft in past perfect tense is drafted (had + V3).
draft regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'draft' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'draft' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb draft in Sentences
- We could not draft a declaration for the committee (Past Simple)
- The report was drafted back in 2001, but was considered only last month. (Past Simple)
- I will be 18 when I am drafted into the army. (Present Simple)
- A national plan of action against trafficking in persons was drafted. (Past Simple)
- One report has been drafted up but not yet finalized. (Present Perfect)
- The consignment note may be drafted in the form of electronic data processing. (Present Simple)
- Guidelines should be drafted for work on individual communications. (Present Simple)
- Six counter-terrorism instruments had been drafted under CIS. (Past Perfect)
- We are here today to draft specific measures to back these resolutions. (Present Simple)
- Governments need to draft long-term energy policies that are economically and ecologically acceptable. (Present Simple)