English verb drift [drɪft].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb drift: Infinitive (drift), Past Simple - (drifted), Past Participle - (drifted).
Forms of verb drift in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb drift in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of drift.
Three forms of verb drift
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of drift?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) drift in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - drift. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - drifted. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - drifted. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of drift?
The past tense of drift is: drift in past simple is drifted. and past participle is drifted.
What is the past tense of drift?
The past tense of drift is drifted.
The past participle of drift is drifted.
Past simple — drift in past simple drifted.
Future simple — drift in future simple drift. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — drift in present perfect tense drifted. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — drift in past perfect tense drifted. (had + V3)
drift regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is drift an irregular verb?? drift is regular verb.
Examples of Verb drift in Sentences
- The raft began to drift in the opposite direction (Past Simple)
- He would have drifted to Washington (Present Perfect)
- After an hour of thinking about my life, I drifted into an uneasy sleep. (Past Simple)
- Thank God, the snow had drifted our tracks. (Past Perfect)
- During th illness, he drifted in and out of consciousness. (Past Simple)
- She drifted from job to job to find a perfect one. (Past Simple)
- The stock market has drifted downward. (Present Perfect)
- Because there was no wind, they drifted slowly down river. (Past Simple)
- I drifted off in a daydream during the class and my teacher didn't even notice it. (Past Simple)
- Two of my sister's friends drifted in last night (Past Simple)