English verb eclipse [ɪˈklɪps].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb eclipse: Infinitive (eclipse), Past Simple - (eclipsed), Past Participle - (eclipsed).
Forms of verb eclipse in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb eclipse in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of eclipse.
Three forms of verb eclipse
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of eclipse?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) eclipse in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - eclipse. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - eclipsed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - eclipsed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of eclipse?
The past tense of eclipse is: eclipse in past simple is eclipsed. and past participle is eclipsed.
What is the past tense of eclipse?
The past tense of eclipse is eclipsed.
The past participle of eclipse is eclipsed.
Past simple — eclipse in past simple eclipsed.
Future simple — eclipse in future simple eclipse. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — eclipse in present perfect tense eclipsed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — eclipse in past perfect tense eclipsed. (had + V3)
eclipse regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is eclipse an irregular verb?? eclipse is regular verb.
Examples of Verb eclipse in Sentences
- And if one were to eclipse the city (Past Simple)
- Then this personal threat eclipsed everything (Future Simple)
- One of these famous singer has eclipsed all others (Present Perfect)
- He knew that the sun was partially eclipsed by the moon. (Past Simple)
- Train travel was eclipsed by the growth of commercial airlines. (Past Simple)
- The economy had eclipsed the environment as an election issue. (Past Simple)
- She eclipsed her friend in chess (Past Simple)
- Our efforts to end poverty will be eclipsed by heavy competion for resources. (Future Simple)
- Recent events should not eclipse or overshadow positive trends and developments (Present Simple)