The English verb 'edit' is pronounced as [ˈedɪt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb edit: Infinitive (edit), Past Simple - (edited), Past Participle - (edited).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb edit
👉 Forms of verb edit in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of edit.
Edit: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb edit?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'edit'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'edit'
- the first form (V1) is 'edit' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'edited' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'edited' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of edit?
The past tense and past participle of edit are: edit in past simple is edited, and past participle is edited.
What is the past tense of edit?
The past tense of the verb "edit" is "edited", and the past participle is "edited".
Past simple — edit in past simple edited
Future simple — edit in future simple is edit (will + V1).
Present Perfect — edit in present perfect tense is edited (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — edit in past perfect tense is edited (had + V3).
edit regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'edit' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'edit' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb edit in Sentences
- He used to edit the Pravda. (Past Simple)
- Opinions from 1995 to 2002 were edited and summarized. (Past Simple)
- Mr. Green has edited the text 2 days ago. (Present Perfect)
- The book was poorly edited even though it was checked twice. (Past Simple)
- Who wrote and edited a new publication? (Past Simple)
- This film hasn't been edited for television yet. (Present Perfect)
- You scan the text into the computer and then you can edit it. (Present Simple)
- Is this chapter needs to be edited? (Present Simple)
- You can edit everything between two dividers. (Present Simple)
- We don't have time to edit the music. (Present Simple)