The English verb 'encourage' is pronounced as [ɪnˈkɜːrɪdʒ].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb encourage: Infinitive (encourage), Past Simple - (encouraged), Past Participle - (encouraged).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb encourage
👉 Forms of verb encourage in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of encourage.
Encourage: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb encourage?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'encourage'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'encourage'
- the first form (V1) is 'encourage' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'encouraged' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'encouraged' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of encourage?
The past tense and past participle of encourage are: encourage in past simple is encouraged, and past participle is encouraged.
What is the past tense of encourage?
The past tense of the verb "encourage" is "encouraged", and the past participle is "encouraged".
Past simple — encourage in past simple encouraged
Future simple — encourage in future simple is encourage (will + V1).
Present Perfect — encourage in present perfect tense is encouraged (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — encourage in past perfect tense is encouraged (had + V3).
encourage regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'encourage' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'encourage' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb encourage in Sentences
- The committee always encourages groups that promote the development of Internet technologies (Present Simple)
- Committee encouraged Bangladesh to continue poverty reduction policy (Past Simple)
- They encouraged us in our work despite our mistakes. (Past Simple)
- My parents encouraged my decision not to go back to college. (Past Simple)
- I want to thank everyone who encouraged and supported me in writing this book. (Past Simple)
- Patients are encouraged to get in good physical shape. (Present Simple)
- Environmental activists encourage for energy conservation. (Present Simple)
- My parents encouraged my interest in cinema. (Past Simple)
- All students are encouraged to participate in sports activities. (Present Simple)
- Children were encouraged to study mathematics. (Past Simple)