English verb end [end].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb end: Infinitive (end), Past Simple - (ended), Past Participle - (ended).
Forms of verb end in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb end in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of end.
Three forms of verb end
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of end?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) end in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - end. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - ended. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - ended. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of end?
The past tense of end is: end in past simple is ended. and past participle is ended.
What is the past tense of end?
The past tense of end is ended.
The past participle of end is ended.
Past simple — end in past simple ended.
Future simple — end in future simple end. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — end in present perfect tense ended. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — end in past perfect tense ended. (had + V3)
end regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is end an irregular verb?? end is regular verb.
Examples of Verb end in Sentences
- I know they have the ways to end this agony. (Present Simple)
- Actually, her shift just ended. (Past Simple)
- The world and the people as we knew it has ended. (Present Perfect)
- The match ended in a tie, but we weren't agdree with this. (Past Simple)
- Unfortunately, their marriage ended in divorce. (Past Simple)
- The argument has ended in a fight. (Present Perfect)
- Despite the people's opinions, he ended up the winner. (Past Simple)
- Our voyage will end soon. (Future Simple)
- He left just after the show ended to catch a taxi. (Past Simple)
- Did he end his days in prison? (Past Simple)