The English verb 'fall down' is pronounced as [fɔːl daʊn].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb fall down: Infinitive (fall down), Past Simple - (fell down), Past Participle - (fallen down).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb fall down
👉 Forms of verb fall down in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of fall down.
Fall down: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|fall down [fɔːl daʊn]||
fell down [fel daʊn]
fallen down [fɔːlən daʊn]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb fall down?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'fall down'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'fall down'
- the first form (V1) is 'fall down' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'fell down' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'fallen down' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of fall down?
The past tense and past participle of fall down are: fall down in past simple is fell down, and past participle is fallen down.
What is the past tense of fall down?
The past tense of the verb "fall down" is "fell down", and the past participle is "fallen down".
Past simple — fall down in past simple fell down
Future simple — fall down in future simple is fall down (will + V1).
Present Perfect — fall down in present perfect tense is fallen down (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — fall down in past perfect tense is fallen down (had + V3).
fall down regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'fall down' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'fall down' is .
Examples of Verb fall down in Sentences
- He fell down the tree (Past Simple)
- You saw how she fell down the stairs (Past Simple)
- She had fallen down suddenly (Past Perfect)
- You make me fall down (Past Simple)
- She fell down the steps and die (Past Simple)
- I ran after him until he fell down in the grass (Past Simple)
- I fell down some steps (Past Simple)
- It sounded like you fell down the stairs (Past Simple)