The English verb 'finger' is pronounced as [ˈfɪŋɡə].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb finger: Infinitive (finger), Past Simple - (fingered), Past Participle - (fingered).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb finger
👉 Forms of verb finger in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of finger.
Finger: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb finger?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'finger'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'finger'
- the first form (V1) is 'finger' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'fingered' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'fingered' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of finger?
The past tense and past participle of finger are: finger in past simple is fingered, and past participle is fingered.
What is the past tense of finger?
The past tense of the verb "finger" is "fingered", and the past participle is "fingered".
Past simple — finger in past simple fingered
Future simple — finger in future simple is finger (will + V1).
Present Perfect — finger in present perfect tense is fingered (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — finger in past perfect tense is fingered (had + V3).
finger regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'finger' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'finger' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb finger in Sentences
- So she fingered an old man? (Past Simple)
- He has been fingered as a suspect. (Present Perfect)
- I fingered the sweater to understand what quality it is. (Past Simple)
- He was fingered as one of the fugitive prisoners. (Past Simple)
- He fingered you as the man who threatened to kidnap his wife. (Past Simple)
- Savannah will finger to my parents to save herself. (Future Simple)
- Okay, let's say we have an internal source and he fingered to you as a Soviet agent. (Past Simple)
- He was the person who fingered you, Sam. (Past Simple)
- I admit my guilt and forgive me for fingering you in court. (Present Simple)
- I showed him a photo of all the workers and he fingered this guy. (Past Simple)