The English verb 'fluctuate' is pronounced as ['flʌkʧueɪt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb fluctuate: Infinitive (fluctuate), Past Simple - (fluctuated), Past Participle - (fluctuated).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb fluctuate
👉 Forms of verb fluctuate in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of fluctuate.
Fluctuate: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb fluctuate?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'fluctuate'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'fluctuate'
- the first form (V1) is 'fluctuate' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'fluctuated' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'fluctuated' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of fluctuate?
The past tense and past participle of fluctuate are: fluctuate in past simple is fluctuated, and past participle is fluctuated.
What is the past tense of fluctuate?
The past tense of the verb "fluctuate" is "fluctuated", and the past participle is "fluctuated".
Past simple — fluctuate in past simple fluctuated
Future simple — fluctuate in future simple is fluctuate (will + V1).
Present Perfect — fluctuate in present perfect tense is fluctuated (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — fluctuate in past perfect tense is fluctuated (had + V3).
fluctuate regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'fluctuate' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'fluctuate' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb fluctuate in Sentences
- The variegated meadows and grass fluctuated in a haze of air warmed above the ground. (Past Simple)
- If you look closely, you can see the trees fluctuating faintly, but you can't hear the creaking of the branches. (Present Simple)
- The sea fluctuated lazily below, and occasionally, like underwater ghosts, fish swam by. (Past Simple)
- He sees that the air seems to fluctuate differently over one of them, glowing differently. (Present Simple)
- A solid mass of light fur fluctuated over my head. (Past Simple)
- February temperatures can fluctuate from +5.7º to -38.2º. (Present Simple)
- Suddenly the earth began to fluctuate harder (Past Simple)
- The scales were constantly fluctuating to one side and to the other, and no one could predict which side would win. (Present Simple)
- prices can fluctuate a lot because traders change their opinions quickly (Present Simple)
- We recommend storing it if possible in a cold place where the temperature fluctuates from -2 to +8 °C. (Present Simple)