The English verb 'foretell' is pronounced as [fɔːˈtɛl].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb foretell: Infinitive (foretell), Past Simple - (foretold), Past Participle - (foretold).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb foretell
👉 Forms of verb foretell in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of foretell.
Foretell: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb foretell?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'foretell'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'foretell'
- the first form (V1) is 'foretell' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'foretold' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'foretold' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of foretell?
The past tense and past participle of foretell are: foretell in past simple is foretold, and past participle is foretold.
What is the past tense of foretell?
The past tense of the verb "foretell" is "foretold", and the past participle is "foretold".
Past simple — foretell in past simple foretold
Future simple — foretell in future simple is foretell (will + V1).
Present Perfect — foretell in present perfect tense is foretold (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — foretell in past perfect tense is foretold (had + V3).
foretell regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'foretell' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'foretell' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb foretell in Sentences
- I foretell you fame, John (Present Simple)
- Can you foretell the future, ma'am? (Present Simple)
- Those who foretell the future pay with eternal damnation (Present Simple)
- I wonder what he's going to foretell (Present Simple)
- They can't foretell the path of the hurricane (Present Simple)
- Forest druids foretell the end of the world (Present Simple)
- Look, she's foretelling him the future by hand (Present Simple)
- There's no such thing as foretelling, Jesse, it's just chemistry (Present Simple)
- I foretold the collapse of this Ponzi scheme (Past Simple)
- She often tries to foretell the future (Present Simple)