English verb give away [gɪv əˈweɪ].
Relate to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb give away: Infinitive (give away), Past Simple - (gave away), Past Participle - (given away).
Forms of verb give away in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb give away in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of give away.
Three forms of verb give away
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|give away [gɪv əˈweɪ]||
gave away [geɪv əˈweɪ]
given away [gɪvn əˈweɪ]
What is 2nd and 3rd form of give away?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) give away in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - give away. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - gave away. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - given away. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of give away?
The past tense of give away is: give away in past simple is gave away. and past participle is given away.
What is the past tense of give away?
The past tense of give away is gave away.
The past participle of give away is given away.
Past simple — give away in past simple gave away.
Future simple — give away in future simple give away. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — give away in present perfect tense given away. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — give away in past perfect tense given away. (had + V3)
give away regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is give away an irregular verb?? give away is .
Examples of Verb give away in Sentences
- He gave away our table (Past Simple)
- You gave away my clothes (Past Simple)
- They're giving away candy (Present Continuous)
- I can't just give away free seats (Present Simple)
- I give away far more than I gain (Present Simple)
- We don't want to give away our positions (Present Simple)
- As I've given away my strategy, I will retreat (Present Perfect)
- I just gave away the ending (Past Simple)