English verb give up [ˈɡɪv ʌp].
Relate to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb give up: Infinitive (give up), Past Simple - (gave up), Past Participle - (given up).
Forms of verb give up in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb give up in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of give up.
Three forms of verb give up
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|give up [ˈɡɪv ʌp]||
gave up [ˈɡeɪv ʌp]
given up [ˈɡɪv(ə)n ʌp]
What is 2nd and 3rd form of give up?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) give up in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - give up. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - gave up. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - given up. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of give up?
The past tense of give up is: give up in past simple is gave up. and past participle is given up.
What is the past tense of give up?
The past tense of give up is gave up.
The past participle of give up is given up.
Past simple — give up in past simple gave up.
Future simple — give up in future simple give up. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — give up in present perfect tense given up. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — give up in past perfect tense given up. (had + V3)
give up regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is give up an irregular verb?? give up is .
Examples of Verb give up in Sentences
- To give up the bottle (Present Simple)
- Don't give up without even trying (Present Simple)
- It's hard to give up the drinking habit without help (Present Simple)
- You are giving up too soon, give it another try (Present Continuous)
- When you give up, you lose a chance to get a taste of success (Present Simple)
- You are not giving up on yourself, you are giving up on us (Present Continuous)
- Don't you see, they have given up without even telling us (Present Perfect)
- If you give up, nobody will build this house (Present Simple)
- How much money will you give up for better living conditions? (Future Simple)
- I will never give up on my dream to be a doctor (Future Simple)
- You cannot give up (Present Simple)
- Give up and come out (Present Simple)
- Your only chance is to give up (Present Simple)
- He decided to give up (Past Simple)
- I had just about given up when I found this (Past Perfect)
- Nobody's given up yet (Present Perfect)
- He will not give up so easily (Future Simple)
- You have given up the search (Present Perfect)
Глагол to give входит в состав фразовых глаголов, которые наиболее часто используются носителями английского языка. Являясь частью фразового глагола, to give утрачивает своё первоначальное значение и будет переводиться иначе.