The English verb 'go back' is pronounced as [gəʊ bæk].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb go back: Infinitive (go back), Past Simple - (went back), Past Participle - (gone back).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb go back
👉 Forms of verb go back in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of go back.
Go back: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|go back [gəʊ bæk]||
went back [went bæk]
gone back [gɒn bæk]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb go back?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'go back'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'go back'
- the first form (V1) is 'go back' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'went back' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'gone back' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of go back?
The past tense and past participle of go back are: go back in past simple is went back, and past participle is gone back.
What is the past tense of go back?
The past tense of the verb "go back" is "went back", and the past participle is "gone back".
Past simple — go back in past simple went back
Future simple — go back in future simple is go back (will + V1).
Present Perfect — go back in present perfect tense is gone back (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — go back in past perfect tense is gone back (had + V3).
go back regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'go back' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'go back' is .
Examples of Verb go back in Sentences
- I won't have you go back to the stage (Future Simple)
- Everyone go back to work (Present Simple)
- We can never go back to London again (Present Simple)
- I'll go back tomorrow (Future Simple)
- If you'll excuse me, I'll go back to my guests (Future Simple)
- Go back to your daughter (Present Simple)
- It'll be great going back (Future Simple)
- I'm asking you, go back inside (Present Continuous)