English verb ground [ɡraʊnd].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb ground: Infinitive (ground), Past Simple - (grounded), Past Participle - (grounded).
Forms of verb ground in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb ground in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of ground.
Three forms of verb ground
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of ground?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) ground in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - ground. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - grounded. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - grounded. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of ground?
The past tense of ground is: ground in past simple is grounded. and past participle is grounded.
What is the past tense of ground?
The past tense of ground is grounded.
The past participle of ground is grounded.
Past simple — ground in past simple grounded.
Future simple — ground in future simple ground. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — ground in present perfect tense grounded. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — ground in past perfect tense grounded. (had + V3)
ground regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is ground an irregular verb?? ground is regular verb.
Examples of Verb ground in Sentences
- Her father grounded her for 2 days (Past Simple)
- Our perception is grounded on our experience (Present Simple)
- Your opinion must be grounded on facts. (Present Simple)
- Her fears were not grounded. (Past Simple)
- If you break this vase, you will be grounded for a week - and this is no joke. (Future Simple)
- Relationships are grounded on trust. (Present Simple)
- The storm grounded the ship onto the beach. (Past Simple)
- I returned home at two o'clock in the morning, and dad immediately grounded me. (Past Simple)
- If I catch you smoking again, you will be grounded. (Future Simple)
- The writer's ideas were grounded on his Christian faith. (Past Simple)