The English verb 'ground' is pronounced as [ɡraʊnd].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb ground: Infinitive (ground), Past Simple - (grounded), Past Participle - (grounded).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb ground
👉 Forms of verb ground in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of ground.
Ground: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb ground?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'ground'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'ground'
- the first form (V1) is 'ground' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'grounded' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'grounded' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of ground?
The past tense and past participle of ground are: ground in past simple is grounded, and past participle is grounded.
What is the past tense of ground?
The past tense of the verb "ground" is "grounded", and the past participle is "grounded".
Past simple — ground in past simple grounded
Future simple — ground in future simple is ground (will + V1).
Present Perfect — ground in present perfect tense is grounded (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — ground in past perfect tense is grounded (had + V3).
ground regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'ground' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'ground' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb ground in Sentences
- Her father grounded her for 2 days (Past Simple)
- Our perception is grounded on our experience (Present Simple)
- Your opinion must be grounded on facts. (Present Simple)
- Her fears were not grounded. (Past Simple)
- If you break this vase, you will be grounded for a week - and this is no joke. (Future Simple)
- Relationships are grounded on trust. (Present Simple)
- The storm grounded the ship onto the beach. (Past Simple)
- I returned home at two o'clock in the morning, and dad immediately grounded me. (Past Simple)
- If I catch you smoking again, you will be grounded. (Future Simple)
- The writer's ideas were grounded on his Christian faith. (Past Simple)