English verb guess [ˈɡɛs].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb guess: Infinitive (guess), Past Simple - (guessed), Past Participle - (guessed).
Forms of verb guess in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb guess in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of guess.
Three forms of verb guess
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of guess?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) guess in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - guess. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - guessed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - guessed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of guess?
The past tense of guess is: guess in past simple is guessed. and past participle is guessed.
What is the past tense of guess?
The past tense of guess is guessed.
The past participle of guess is guessed.
Past simple — guess in past simple guessed.
Future simple — guess in future simple guess. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — guess in present perfect tense guessed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — guess in past perfect tense guessed. (had + V3)
guess regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is guess an irregular verb?? guess is regular verb.
Examples of Verb guess in Sentences
- You will never guess what has happened (Future Simple)
- I guess I missed my chance (Past Simple)
- In case you haven't guessed this is not a love story (Present Perfect)
- Guess you were right (Past Simple)
- I guess living in France was pretty cool (Past Continuous)
- I guess it is good news (Present Simple)
- We may only guess where he is now (Present Simple)
- Guess I'll order a pizza (Future Simple)
- I'd guess he's in his mid-sixties
- Guess what? We have the best makeup artist in the house (Present Simple)