The English verb 'heave' is pronounced as [hi:v].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb heave: Infinitive (heave), Past Simple - (heaved), Past Participle - (heaved).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb heave
👉 Forms of verb heave in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of heave.
Heave: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb heave?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'heave'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'heave'
- the first form (V1) is 'heave' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'heaved', 'hove' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'heaved', 'hove' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of heave?
The past tense and past participle of heave are: heave in past simple is heaved, hove, and past participle is heaved. hove.
What is the past tense of heave?
The past tense of the verb "heave" is "heaved", or "hove", and the past participle is "heaved" or "hove".
Past simple — heave in past simple heaved,
Future simple — heave in future simple is heave (will + V1).
Present Perfect — heave in present perfect tense is heaved, hove (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — heave in past perfect tense is heaved, hove (had + V3).
heave regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'heave' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'heave' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb heave in Sentences
- They heaved the rubbish into the ravine. (Past Simple)
- The waves of the sea heaved up and down under the ship. (Past Simple)
- The ship will heave out of the harbor tomorrow morning. (Future Simple)
- Tom heaved the bag over the fence. (Past Simple)
- She heaves a shaking hand and pulls at her hair. (Present Simple)
- I learned about this decision, and it was like a load heaved off my heart. (Past Simple)
- We barely heaved the box onto the table. (Past Simple)
- She heaved a deep breath when she saw the list of things to do for today. (Past Simple)
- Mom sat down in a chair and heaved a sigh of relief. (Past Simple)
- She has heaved the door with an effort. (Present Perfect)