English verb hew [hju:].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb hew: Infinitive (hew), Past Simple - (hewed), Past Participle - (hewed).
Forms of verb hew in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb hew in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of hew.
Three forms of verb hew
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of hew?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) hew in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - hew. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - hewed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - hewed, hewn. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of hew?
The past tense of hew is: hew in past simple is hewed. and past participle is hewed, hewn.
What is the past tense of hew?
The past tense of hew is hewed.
The past participle of hew is hewed or hewn.
Past simple — hew in past simple hewed.
Future simple — hew in future simple hew. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — hew in present perfect tense hewed, hewn. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — hew in past perfect tense hewed, hewn. (had + V3)
hew regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is hew an irregular verb?? hew is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb hew in Sentences
- I have to go hew some wood in the forest. (Present Simple)
- One day he went into the mountain to hew wood. (Past Simple)
- I can't hew wood for fear I'll cut a foot off. (Present Simple)
- As a child, Malone often worked at the farm and hewed trees, hunted, and fished. (Past Simple)
- He hewed, hung, and burned anyone that was unlucky enough to get in his way. (Past Simple)
- About a year ago, I was hewing that tree when suddenly it began to rain. (Past Continuous)
- My grandfather has hewed cane for 30 years every day and never got a blister. (Present Perfect)
- Plus, with my sprained finger, I can't hew or whittle. (Present Simple)
- So what, just hew them all up? (Present Simple)
- Every time I go in there... it's all hating faces that I have to hew with a machete. (Present Simple)