English verb hide [haɪd].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb hide: Infinitive (hide), Past Simple - (hid), Past Participle - (hidden).
Forms of verb hide in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb hide in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of hide.
Three forms of verb hide
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of hide?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) hide in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - hide. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - hid. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - hidden. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of hide?
The past tense of hide is: hide in past simple is hid. and past participle is hidden.
What is the past tense of hide?
The past tense of hide is hid.
The past participle of hide is hidden.
Past simple — hide in past simple hid.
Future simple — hide in future simple hide. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — hide in present perfect tense hidden. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — hide in past perfect tense hidden. (had + V3)
hide regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is hide an irregular verb?? hide is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb hide in Sentences
- Use a cosmetic to hide the wound and the scar (Present Simple)
- You saw a lot, Paul, what has been hidden from the eyes. (Present Perfect)
- She hid my keys, my money and even mobile phone (Past Simple)
- He hides the real amount of money he earned (Present Simple)
- Your brother always hides his head in the sand, like an ostrich (Present Simple)
- If they can't, Martina hides it pretty well (Present Simple)
- Somehow she hid in a bedroom and got rid of the evidence (Past Simple)
- I want you to look where Mom hides our gifts (Present Simple)
- They have hidden Max in the suburbs to protect him from a gang. (Present Perfect)
- There is something she has hidden from her parents (Present Perfect)