English verb improve [ɪmˈpruːv].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb improve: Infinitive (improve), Past Simple - (improved), Past Participle - (improved).
Forms of verb improve in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb improve in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of improve.
Three forms of verb improve
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of improve?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) improve in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - improve. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - improved. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - improved. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of improve?
The past tense of improve is: improve in past simple is improved. and past participle is improved.
What is the past tense of improve?
The past tense of improve is improved.
The past participle of improve is improved.
Past simple — improve in past simple improved.
Future simple — improve in future simple improve. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — improve in present perfect tense improved. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — improve in past perfect tense improved. (had + V3)
improve regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is improve an irregular verb?? improve is regular verb.
Examples of Verb improve in Sentences
- Our approach was improved by his team (Past Simple)
- The reports have improved significantly, but we still should accelerate the development (Present Perfect)
- She improved her Spanish. (Past Simple)
- He reads to improve his intelligence. (Present Simple)
- We read fiction to improve our vocabulary. (Present Simple)
- We believe that the situation will improve soon. (Future Simple)
- Your work is acceptable, but try to improve it. (Present Simple)
- We could use this money to improve our car. (Past Simple)
- Never miss an opportunity to improve your English. (Present Simple)
- I promise that I will work hard to improve my grades. (Future Simple)