The English verb 'inform' is pronounced as [ɪnˈfɔːrm].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb inform: Infinitive (inform), Past Simple - (informed), Past Participle - (informed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb inform
👉 Forms of verb inform in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of inform.
Inform: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb inform?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'inform'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'inform'
- the first form (V1) is 'inform' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'informed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'informed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of inform?
The past tense and past participle of inform are: inform in past simple is informed, and past participle is informed.
What is the past tense of inform?
The past tense of the verb "inform" is "informed", and the past participle is "informed".
Past simple — inform in past simple informed
Future simple — inform in future simple is inform (will + V1).
Present Perfect — inform in present perfect tense is informed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — inform in past perfect tense is informed (had + V3).
inform regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'inform' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'inform' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb inform in Sentences
- The Committee was informed that the agreement was signed (Past Simple)
- The Government have informed them about the contributions (Present Perfect)
- He has informed us of his arrival. (Present Perfect)
- We have not yet been informed of his decision. (Present Perfect)
- He was informed from reliable sources. (Past Simple)
- The company was immediately informed. (Past Simple)
- Knowledgeable sources informed us of the new policy. (Past Simple)
- After asking a few questions, he realized that I was not in the least informed of this. (Past Simple)
- Parents need to be fully informed to be able to make rational decisions. (Present Simple)
- She remained impassive when the police informed her of her son's death. (Past Simple)