The English verb 'inlay' is pronounced as [ɪnˈleɪ].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb inlay: Infinitive (inlay), Past Simple - (inlaid), Past Participle - (inlaid).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb inlay
👉 Forms of verb inlay in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of inlay.
Inlay: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb inlay?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'inlay'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'inlay'
- the first form (V1) is 'inlay' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'inlaid' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'inlaid' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of inlay?
The past tense and past participle of inlay are: inlay in past simple is inlaid, and past participle is inlaid.
What is the past tense of inlay?
The past tense of the verb "inlay" is "inlaid", and the past participle is "inlaid".
Past simple — inlay in past simple inlaid
Future simple — inlay in future simple is inlay (will + V1).
Present Perfect — inlay in present perfect tense is inlaid (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — inlay in past perfect tense is inlaid (had + V3).
inlay regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'inlay' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'inlay' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb inlay in Sentences
- I think they were inlaid with real pearls. (Past Simple)
- Conquistadors used to tell that all the temple walls were covered with golden plates and inlaid with precious stones. (Past Simple)
- Silver shot glass, which was inlaid with precious stones. (Past Simple)
- We will present him with instruments made of silver and gold, which are inlaid with precious stones. (Present Simple)
- Three horizontal lines are inlaid with rose cut diamonds. (Present Simple)
- A separate section of the sofa contained a phial, a whip, a knife and a quiver - all inlaid with gold or precious stones. (Past Simple)
- Each floor is designed with tempered inlaid glass for a greenhouse effect. (Past Simple)
- Twenty types of gemstones were inlaid in white marble. (Past Simple)
- The master will inlay this stone in my family ring. (Future Simple)
- My mom wants to buy furniture that was inlaid with stones back in 1890. (Past Simple)