The English verb 'insist' is pronounced as [ɪnˈsɪst].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb insist: Infinitive (insist), Past Simple - (insisted), Past Participle - (insisted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb insist
👉 Forms of verb insist in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of insist.
Insist: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb insist?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'insist'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'insist'
- the first form (V1) is 'insist' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'insisted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'insisted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of insist?
The past tense and past participle of insist are: insist in past simple is insisted, and past participle is insisted.
What is the past tense of insist?
The past tense of the verb "insist" is "insisted", and the past participle is "insisted".
Past simple — insist in past simple insisted
Future simple — insist in future simple is insist (will + V1).
Present Perfect — insist in present perfect tense is insisted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — insist in past perfect tense is insisted (had + V3).
insist regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'insist' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'insist' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb insist in Sentences
- We will not insist on these reforms (Future Simple)
- He insisted on the extension of both contracts (Past Simple)
- Max always insists that he is right. (Present Simple)
- They stubbornly insisted on meeting their demand. (Past Simple)
- He insisted that these photographs are not art at all. (Past Simple)
- He insisted that I take a taxi because it was already dark. (Past Simple)
- My girlfriend's father insisted that I join them for dinner. (Past Simple)
- They insisted on preserving the old customs. (Past Simple)
- My mother has insisted on calling my sister Rosamund. (Present Perfect)
- At first my boss was against it, but I insisted. (Past Simple)