English verb last [læst].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb last: Infinitive (last), Past Simple - (lasted), Past Participle - (lasted).
Forms of verb last in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb last in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of last.
Three forms of verb last
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of last?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) last in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - last. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - lasted. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - lasted. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of last?
The past tense of last is: last in past simple is lasted. and past participle is lasted.
What is the past tense of last?
The past tense of last is lasted.
The past participle of last is lasted.
Past simple — last in past simple lasted.
Future simple — last in future simple last. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — last in present perfect tense lasted. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — last in past perfect tense lasted. (had + V3)
last regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is last an irregular verb?? last is regular verb.
Examples of Verb last in Sentences
- The festival lasted two weeks (Past Simple)
- It will last for the whole course (Future Simple)
- We lasted the war in Germany (Past Simple)
- Our last meeting lasted two hours (Past Simple)
- The rain will probably last untill next week (Future Simple)
- Don't think my enthusiasm will last forever (Future Simple)
- This car can last a lifetime if you take care of it (Present Simple)
- You must be satisfied, people are working, the progress is lasting (Present Continuous)
- Our previous manager lasted two weeks (Past Simple)
- My exam were lasting from one to three (Past Continuous)