The English verb 'lead' is pronounced as [li:d].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb lead: Infinitive (lead), Past Simple - (led), Past Participle - (led).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb lead
👉 Forms of verb lead in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of lead.
Lead: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb lead?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'lead'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'lead'
- the first form (V1) is 'lead' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'led' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'led' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of lead?
The past tense and past participle of lead are: lead in past simple is led, and past participle is led.
What is the past tense of lead?
The past tense of the verb "lead" is "led", and the past participle is "led".
Past simple — lead in past simple led
Future simple — lead in future simple is lead (will + V1).
Present Perfect — lead in present perfect tense is led (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — lead in past perfect tense is led (had + V3).
lead regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'lead' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'lead' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb lead in Sentences
- We led them down to the stream (Past Simple)
- All roads lead to that strange house (Present Simple)
- He led us to the chief (Past Simple)
- A good teacher always inspires and leads forward (Present Simple)
- You are the boss, so you have to lead us (Present Simple)
- He is leading us very carefully, we should trust him (Present Continuous)
- This track leads directly to the lake (Present Simple)
- Do you think she is leading us in the right direction? (Present Continuous)
- They have led you to that house, so ask them, not me (Present Perfect)
- Will you really lead me to enlightenment? (Future Simple)